Hyperbaric therapy is an innovative method of treatment that relies on supplementation pure-form oxygen under increased pressure.
The treatments take place in a specifically designed hyperbaric chamber. This therapy is non-invasive, pain-free and scientifically tested (chamber AHA Flex 20 2.0 bar).
The idea behind the treatment stems from healing and restorative properties of oxygen. Increased athmospheric pressure,
facilitates the absorbtion of oxygen even in areas with little blood vessels. The oxygen is able to penetrate into not only blood but also the plasm as well as lymph and spinal fluid.
Because of this property, this therapy is suitable to treat a multitude of conditions.
The treatment can only be prescribed by a medical doctor.
- circulatory disorders
- angina pectoris
- heart attack prevention and recuperation
The indication here mostly stems from limitations of movement.
- post-surgery: broken bones, implants, discotomy
- arthritis and other joint disorders
- bone inflammation
- persistent wounds and pressure sores
- skin diseases
- rheumatic disorders
- cerebral inefficiency
- stroke: prophylaxis and post-stroke management
- depression and mental imbalance
- diseases of the nervous system: Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, autism, ADHD
- visual impairment
- impaired blood flow in the retina or inner ear
- deterioration of hearing in older age
- sudden hearing disorder, migraines, headaches
- shortening reaction time to acoustic and optical stimuli
- multiple sclerosis
- pseudoneurastenia (nervous system weakness, irritability, anxiety, insomnia, feelings of disintegration)
- during preparation for surgery, before irradiation and chemotherapy
- rehabilitation post radiation and chemotherapy
- recuperation after cancer surgery
- stimulation of the immune system; cancer prevention
- athletic training
- preparation for sports competitions
- diabetic complications - gout
- renal failure
- menstrual strains
- allergies, hay fever
- delaying aging processes
- strengthening the immune system
- easing the side effects of pharmaceuticals
- during and after higher periods of high exertion (surgeries, physical exercise)
- persistent local infections
Directly before entering the chamber:
- do not use balms, creams, ointments, make-up, gel, hairspray, or perfume
- change the dressing on the wound (it is not necessary to change the dressings during the procedure)
- for diabetics, eat a meal an hour before entering the chamber
- refrain from smoking 2 hours before the session
- refrain from consuming alcohol during the entire HBOT therapy cycle
- accept medications previously used according to recommendations
- wear only cotton underwear (t-shirt, shorts) or pajamas
- remove jewelry and any sharp objects
- take off contact lenses and dentures
- remove nitroglycerin, hormonal, analgesic, and nicotine patches
- drink a small amount of water
- ATTENTION!!! You cannot bring these items into the chamber: lighters, matches, cell phones, batteries, thermometers, synthetic clothes and materials (bedding, blankets, sheets, pillows, mattresses), electrical devices (radios, mp3 players), flammable materials, fresh prints (newspapers etc. .), metal materials (including jewelery also from gold or silver)
- After entering the chamber the pressure is gradually increased. You may experience some pain in your ears (everyone reacts differently to this). Reaching the intended therapeutic pressure takes about 10-15 minutes.
- When the traget is reached the pressure is then maintained at that level. During the procedure, the technician will maintain constant verbal and visual contact with you.
- Before the end of the procedure, the pressure in the chamber is gradually reduced to the outside level.
- After balancing the pressures you can leave the chamber.
- Immediately after the procedure you should sit comfortably for about 10 minutes
- The staff will keep an eye on you for 20 min after the procedure
- For 4 hours you should abstain from any physical exertion
- We recommend that you do not spend the night alone after the first treatment
- For 24 hours after the last treatment in the hyperbaric chamber, do not fly by plane